Here are some useful tips for yoga:
- The time most suitable for Yoga is in the morning before breakfast when the mind is calm and fresh and the movements can be done with ease and vitality
- The most important things you’ll need to get started - as they say - are a big heart and a small ego.
- A person must seek a place of quietude, which is well ventilated, free from dust, insects, unpleasant smell, draught, and moisture. There should be no distraction whatsoever.
- You must empty your bowels and bladder, clean your nostrils and throat of all mucus, consume a glass of lukewarm water and then begin the exercises after 15 minutes
- Always remember that you should begin with the easy postures and then proceed to the difficult ones. One must follow the graded steps of Yoga
- In the beginning, all movements should be practiced lightly and you must cease to go further if fatigue shows.
- Yoga trainers recommend a balanced diet (sattwik). There should be an interval of 4 hours between meals
- The clothing should be loose and as scanty as possible, because maximum amount of the skin should be exposed to air.
- Form-fitting cotton/Lycra pants and shirts are the best.
- The breathing should be long and deep. The mouth should be closed and inhale and exhale only through the nose.
- You can check out some other commercial Yoga accessories, like Yoga belt, foam blocks, Yoga pillows and rubber mats.
I’m not too sure about you guys, but I found these tips actually really interesting! (:
I haven’t heard most of these before, but they sound awesome and I will apply them once I can practice again :)